2008 us open championship
2008 us open championship
2008 US Open Tennis Championship Tickets. The US Open is celebrating its 125th year. It began as an amateur event known as the US National Championships and has become the most profitable tennis tournament on the planet.
We connect you to the largest and most popular tennis event in the United States. Watching all of this exciting 2008 us open championship action is just the beginning.
Competition expanded from a single men's tournament that entertained the upper class to a tournament that now includes women's singles, men's and women's doubles and mixed doubles.
In August 1881, the inaugural U.S. National Championships took place in Newport Casino, Newport, R.I. Back then, the tournament was only open to members of the US National Lawn Tennis Association. Newport would remain the country's tennis center for 34 years.
The first official women's national singles championship took place at the Philadelphia Cricket Club in 1887, followed by the women's doubles two years later.
The US Open tennis is the richest us open tennis championship in the world, both in terms of prize money and atmosphere, with its long history, superb stadiums and thrilling, memorable matches.
It is the last of the four majors, and so has the potential to be the crucial last tournament to win for anybody gunning for a Grand Slam.
Top combatants of the ATP men's tour and the WTA women's tour battle it out at Flushing Meadows, New York, for one of the highest honours in the sporting world - a Grand Slam victory.
The 2008 us open championship is preceded by the other three majors - the Australian Open, the French Open and Wimbledon, but unlike the other events, the US Open has introduced a final set tiebreak. In the other Grand Slam events the fifth set (men) and the third set (women) continue until one player wins by two games.
# US Open - August 25 to September 7, 2008
# US Open Tickets - On sale now.
Tennis matches occur during the day (11 a.m.) and at night (7 p.m.) on most days of the tournament, and are held in several venues within the grounds of the USTA National Tennis Center.
* Tennis Venues at the US Open Arthur Ashe Stadium hosts the top-seeded matches and the finals. Usually five matches per day at Ashe.
* Louis Armstrong Stadium has some reserved seating and also open seating for ground ticket-holders.
* The Grandstand
* Field courts throughout the grounds. These are a great chance to get real close to the action. In the first few days of the tournament, the field courts are simply the best places to watch tennis. The experience of being so close to the action is unparalleled.
US Open Events us open tennis schedule
* Qualifying Tournament - August 19 to August 22, 2008
* Arthur Ashe Kids' Day - August 23, from 10 a.m. Stadium show is noon to 2 p.m. (Rain date is August 26.)
* Open Practice Day- August 24 - Come see many world-class tennis stars getting ready for the opening day of the tournament. Gates open at 11 a.m. Free
* Make sure to get there early for a seat.
* US Open Main Tournament - August 25, to Sunday, September 7, 2008
* US Open Men's Championships - September 7.
Be there and be part of the best tennis action , buy your us open tennis tickets today!!!